Adverse Weather Information
In the event of heavy snow we will always do our best to try to keep the school open but the health and safety of children, staff and other people in our community must be our first consideration.
In the event of a heavy snowfall overnight, we will try to assess the situation and make a decision as early as possible. This decision will be based on the accessibility and safety of the school site, the conditions on the roads and paths surrounding the school and on the conditions in the areas where staff live. A decision to open will depend on there being enough staff to ensure the children’s safety.
If a decision is made to close the school, either partially, for a limited time or fully, the following procedures will occur.
· Text message will be sent to all parents/carers using our text messaging service. (please ensure that we have the most current and up to date contact details for you)
· Bradford Schools Online will be updated – School closures can be viewed under the tab ‘Closed Schools’.
· Updates will be posted on our school Facebook page.
· Our school website will be kept updated.
· Local radio stations will make announcements – Pulse Radio 102.5 FM / 97.5 FM and BBC Radio Leeds 92.4 FM or 102.7 FM
When school closes we appreciate how inconvenient and difficult this is for families however, our primary concern has to be the safety of all our pupils and staff.
If weather conditions worsen during the school day and it becomes necessary to close school, parents and carers will be notified by text message. Under these circumstances we would appreciate children being collected as soon as possible. Any children who cannot be collected will be cared for in school until arrangements can be made for them to get home safely.
If the school remains open, parents will be able to collect their child before the end of the school day should they wish.
During adverse weather conditions please try to avoid contacting the school via telephone as these lines need to remain open.